Monday, January 4, 2010

Introducing the Blog...

Well I decided I was going to try this blogging stuff out and see if it's easier for me, rather than writing journal entries. I think its going to benefit me in time already!

We finally got a significant amount of snowfall this past weekend, and trails should be great from here on out! I am taking the team out for a nice long run tonight and see how things look. Where we run, there is a lot of moose, so I am hoping not to encounter one of the big creatures this evening. Where we are running this year, its a different spot, we can go further, and there is a lot more hill training, plus a much wider trail. Which is what I prefer running on, when running 10-12 dog teams. Well atleast until I get good at it! :) Although I still like those fast narrow windy trails, they give such thrill rides! :) Plus the dogs really love it!

I should have pictures soon, to share with this blogging stuff, but won't be until this weekend.

The team is doing really well this year, just a few minor injuries, but both dogs are coming out of them just fine. Storm has a minor wrists injury, so another week and he should be good to go. Kotka has a minor shoulder injury, which I think she is better now, tonight we will know for sure. But she is little so I can easily bag her if needed.

We are gearing up to run the 100 miler at the beginning of next month, so we will be very busy from now until then! Both excited and nervous at the same time!

Tried out my new cooker I got for Christmas, and LOVE IT!!! Works great! Can't wait to be on the trail and use it!

Thats about it! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years!

Happy Trails!

~Fort Illio~

No comments:

Post a Comment